Stamp duty: associated companies relief
The stamp duty manual on associated companies relief has been amended to clarify certain conditions for the relief and certain Revenue practices.
- Retention of property within a corporate group post transfer –
- the type of property that, by its nature, ceases to exist, and
- the extinguishing of shares in a transferred company following its liquidation.
- The application of practices to both the transferee and transferor.
- The holding of issued share capital of foreign bodies corporate.
- Change in ownership of shares in listed companies post transfer.
- Timing of transfers of property and series of mergers.
- Liquidation and mergers under foreign law.